Due to COVID-19, we are no longer taking applications for the 2020/21 school year.
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing recommendations, we have made some BIG changes here at Charity Newsies in order to serve you safely. We will be taking all applications online for the 2021/2022 school year. Please check back later for when that date will be. We will contact you with your clothing pick up date soon after submitting your application.
Here’s what you need to know!
In 2021/2022 we will not be taking applications at the libraries nor will we be taking applications at our headquarters location. Because of this, all applications will be completed online.
To ensure the safety of everyone by maintaining social distance we are no longer able to allow children to try on clothing, therefore we will be implementing a “curbside pick-up” style of distribution. We are asking that you pull up, STAY IN YOUR CAR and wait for a Newsies representative to come to you. Please wear a mask for this process.
More Important Details:
For your convenience, and to be better prepared for these changes, here are some REQUIRED items you will need to have in hand BEFORE you begin the online application process…
- You MUST be a resident of Franklin County.
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Number or TFIN of parent or legal guardian
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Number of each child to be clothed
- Know the name of the school your child(ren) will be attending
- KNOW THE SIZES that your child(ren) wear!! (This is required and extremely important in order to provide correct sizing. Unfortunately, we are unable to exchange or return clothing, so please double (and triple) check sizing. Consider sizing up for winter and spring months as well!
- We will send you an email with your appointment date and time within 3 business days after you submit your online application.
- We will still be providing uniform vouchers and vouchers for uniform shirts with school logos.
- Due to the COVID-19 impact on our partners, we are unable to provide shoes this year.
- You DO NOT need to bring children with you to your scheduled pick up time.
- We DO NOT clothe foster children.