Online Clothing Applications have arrived at Charity Newsies!
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing recommendations, we are making some BIG changes here at Charity Newsies in order to serve you safely. We will begin taking all applications online starting on Monday, August 3rd, 2020. Clothing distribution will start on Tuesday, August 11th, 2020- Monday thru Thursday, 9:00am to 1:00pm. We will contact you with your clothing pick up date soon after submitting your application.
Here’s what you need to know!
This year we will not be taking applications at the libraries nor will we be taking applications at our headquarters location. Because of this, all applications will be completed online this year. The online application process will be available starting on August 3rd.
To ensure the safety of everyone, we will also be distributing clothing differently this year. Social distancing will prevent us from allowing children to try on clothing, therefore we will be implementing a “curbside pick-up” style of distribution. We are asking that you pull up, STAY IN YOUR CAR and wait for a Newsies representative to come to you. Please wear a mask for this process.
More Important Details:
For your convenience, and to be better prepared for these changes, here are some REQUIRED items you will need to have in hand BEFORE you begin the online application process…
- You MUST be a resident of Franklin County.
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Number or TFIN of parent or legal guardian
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Number of each child to be clothed
- Know the name of the school your child(ren) will be attending
- KNOW THE SIZES that your child(ren) wear!! (This is required and extremely important in order to provide correct sizing. Unfortunately, we are unable to exchange or return clothing, so please double (and triple) check sizing. Consider sizing up for winter and spring months as well! We will need to have height and waist measurements for every child and inseam measurement for children who wear men’s size pants.
- We will send you an email with your appointment date and time within 3 business days after you submit your online application.
- We will still be providing uniform vouchers and vouchers for uniform shirts with school logos.
- Due to the COVID-19 impact on our partners, we unable to provide shoes this year.
- You DO NOT need to bring children with you to your scheduled pick up time.
- We DO NOT clothe foster children.